Farm Stand Sales Associate – Part Time, Weekends
The Farm Stand Sales Associate is the person responsible for the performance and operation of the Yard to Market farm stand, our face to the world. Promoting our products and Inventory control at the end of the day’s market closing is a key focus of the sales associate.
This position reports to the Farm Stand Coordinator. Regular communication with staff and occasional attendance at meetings outside of farm stand hours is a requirement of this position.
– Set-up and break down at each market, ensuring compliance with Yard to Market policies and safe food handling practices.
– Knowledge of, and adherence to, each farmers’ market operating procedures and policies.
– Check in of owner’s produce.
– Cash and Inventory control and reporting.
– Display of products according to our guidelines.
– Ability to lift 50 lbs, work under all weather conditions and to be on your feet for 5-6 hours.
-Retail sales and/or service management experience strongly preferred; food handling experience beneficial
-Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
– Interest in and commitment to local, organic food and sustainability.
-Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced work environment while delivering a positive and pleasant customer experience
-Ability and willingness to engage and interact with a diversity of colleagues, farmers, and customers
– Access to reliable transportation that can transport tent, tables, coolers, and other booth supplies.
Hours and Locations
This is a part-time, weekend position up to 15 hours a week. Saturday in South Austin 8 am – 2 pm and Sunday at Plaza Saltillo 10 am – 4 pm
Please send your resume and cover letter in .pdf format to email@example.com .
Applications accepted until March 7th.